Our February 9th RCARA meeting will feature Rich Palmer KK6CXA as our guest speaker. His presentation topic will be: WinLink 101.

WinLink is a worldwide radio messaging system that uses amateur band radio frequencies to provide radio interconnection services that include email with attachments, position reports, weather bulletins and message relay. It has been used effectively with emergency relief communications.

The presentation will include a live demonstration and Q&A ...session.

Hope to see you there. Don't forget to invite your friends. It will be another good meeting and learning experience!

• Like 1

I want to thank Marlene, and the rest of the group, for sharing information like this.  It is good to provide the information to events that are of interest to the group.  I will take this opportunity to mention this again, KK6CXA, Rich, put on this insightful instruction during the last NWRC ARES meeting.  He can help you with any questions you may have concerning this form of communication.  I suggest, and you will see it again in his presentation, the video off the WinLink site so that once you get a chance to ask questions you are prepared to ask.  I do not think any of the digital tasks are hard necessarily but they can get intermingled and information from one discipline can be confused with another.  I have yet to start my own digital work but I do have the potential now with some help from a fellow Ham and will be working on a standup location soon.

Good luck and make this meeting if you have any inclination of going WinLink.