Cheers and all good wishes to RCARA Enthusiasts:

Please join us at the January 12, 2017, meeting at 7:00 PM and bring a friend. (Location and directions available on the w6tj web site at www.w6tj.org).  

Rick KK6CTT will do a general overview on "survival information" which includes ham radio go boxes.  The presentation will not necessarily be one dimensional.  Ray N6KZM and Mike AI6PD will bring their units and talk about the different features of their equipment (they are very different).  You will have an opportunity to inspect and learn about the details of what is included in their kits.

This month there will not be a Board Meeting prior to the regular meeting on January 12, 2017.

Cheers, 73.

Rick KK6CTT Bio:

I started my lengthy journey as a city-dwelling, part-time outdoors person in the Boy Scouts, Troop 64 here in Riverside, where I progressed to outdoor activities as a teenager with a high school buddy who still gets me out to do adventures like hiking the Grand Canyon, Half Dome and Mount Washington.  In the military I spent 15 years on active duty and another 10 years with the CA Army National Guard as an Infantry Soldier to include Battalion Scout and Long Range Surveillance assignments that included Ranger and Airborne duties for most of my career.  My travels with the military have taken me to South America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. Eventually, I switched gears to be a better family man and have filled the void with volunteer work with the Riverside Fire Department's CERT program and enjoy conducting a weekly net with the Riverside Emergency Communication Group discussing all things CERT, Preparedness, safety and related gear.

• Like 1